西方情人节来历英文

来源:范文网 1.23W

There are varying opinions as to the origin of Valentine's Day. Some experts state that it originated from St.

西方情人节来历英文

Valentine, a Roman who was martyred for refusing to give up Christianity.

He died on February 14, 269 A.D., the same day that had been devoted to love lotteries.

关于情人节的起源有许多种说法。有关人士认为情人节是一个名叫桑特-瓦伦丁的人士发起的。

他是罗马人,因为拒绝放弃基督教而于公元前269年2月14日惨遭杀害,这一天也正好是全城盛行彩票抽奖的日子。

Legend also says that St. Valentine left a farewell note for the jailer's daughter, who had become his friend, and signed it "From Your Valentine".

而另外一种说法更具有传奇色彩,相传桑特-瓦伦丁曾留下一本日记给了狱卒的女儿,署名为“你的情人”,据说这名狱卒的女儿就是桑特-瓦伦丁的情人。

Other aspects of the story say that Saint Valentine served as a priest at the temple during the reign of Emperor Claudius.

Claudius then had Valentine jailed for defying him. In 496 A.D. Pope Gelasius set aside February 14 to honour St. Valentine.

还有其它的说法也颇为有趣。比如说有人认为在克劳迪亚斯君王统治时期,桑特-瓦仑丁曾经是一名神父,因为公然挑战克劳迪亚斯君王的权威身陷囹圄。

所以公元前496年罗马教皇格莱西亚斯特意将2月14日作为一个特别的日子以纪念桑特-瓦伦丁。

Gradually, February 14 became the date for exchanging love messages and St. Valentine became the patron saint of lovers.

The date was marked by sending poems and simple gifts such as flowers. There was often a social gathering or a ball.

此后2月14日就成为了一个具有特殊意义的日子。在这天人们向自己心仪的人传递信息以示爱意。

而理所当然的桑特 瓦仑丁也就成为了为恋爱中的男女们牵线搭桥的人。

在2月14日这天人们会特意做诗或者用一些小礼物送给自己心爱的人。而且人们还会组织各种各样的聚会来庆祝这个特殊的节日。

In the United States, Miss Esther Howland is given credit for sending the first valentine cards.

Commercial valentines were introduced in the 1800's and now the date is very commercialised.

艾瑟-霍兰德小姐是美国第一位因为发送情人节卡片而受到荣誉奖励的人。早在19世纪初情人节就已处露商业化的端倪。

而如今情人节已经完全被商业化了。 比如每当每年2月14日来临的时候,一些城镇如罗夫兰、克罗拉多等,这里的人们都要派送大量的为情人节特备的卡片。

The town of Loveland, Colorado, does a large post office business around February 14.

The spirit of good continues as valentines are sent out with sentimental verses and children exchange valentine cards at school.

而在这天人们往往吟歌做诗并且把这些写入卡片中送个自己喜欢的人以表达自己的爱意。

而在学校里孩子门也喜欢互增贺卡来度过这个特殊的节日。久而久之就形成了一种习俗并且延续至今天。

情人节甜言蜜语精选

1. I can be myself when I am with you.

和你在一起的时候我才是真正的自己。

2. You and me together, we can make magic.

我们两个一起可以创造奇迹。

3. Your love gives me the feeling that the best is still ahead.

你的爱让我相信我们的未来会更好。

4. Your undying faith is what keeps the flame out of love alive.

你永恒的信任让我们的爱火永不熄灭。

5. Every time I look at you, my heart misses a beat.

每次看着你,我的.心都会漏跳一拍。

6. You're the one who holds the key to my heart.

只有你,握着开启我心门的钥匙。

7. You always say what I need to hear.

你的话总是那么悦耳动听。

8. You have taught me the true meaning of love. Love is, what you mean to me - and you mean everything.

你教会了我爱的意义。爱就是你在我心中的分量——而你,就是一切。

9. You are my theme for a dream.

你是我梦的主旋律。

10. I have had the time of my life and I owe it all to you.

生命中的美好时光全都归功于你。

11. When I look into your eyes, I can see your heart.

当我看着你的眼睛,我能看到你的真心。

12. Your love for me is a natural anti-depressant.

你的爱对我来说就是天然的抗抑郁剂。

13. I love that feeling of being secure when you wrap your arms around me.

我喜欢你双臂环绕着我时那种踏实感。

14. You mean the world to me.

于我而言,你就是整个世界。

15. I like your small gestures that speak volumes about how much you care.

我喜欢你的那些小动作,它们告诉我你有多在乎我。

热门标签